DeSmuME (WiFi) – Nintendo DS Emulator
DeSmuME 0.9.7 – WiFi Release (Download)
This version brings with it the usual assortment of core, graphics, WiFi support and frontend fixes.
- Install WinPcap. After installation, give WinPcap exceptions in firewall. When installing WinPcap, check the option for starting the driver as windows starts up.
- Open DeSmuME Config ->Emulation settings. (IMPORTANT NOTE: ALL WINDOWS 7/WINDOWS VISTA USERS MUST OPEN DeSmuME AS AN ADMINISTRATOR OR AN ERROR WOULD OCCUR WHEN CONNECTING TO WiFi).
- Now set the correct paths for the ARM 7 BIOS, ARM 9 bios and Firmware bin. Make sure the “Use external Bios image” “Use external firmware image” , “Boot from firmware like the NDS” AND “Enabled Advanced bus level timing” are all checked.
- In DeSmuME, go to Conifg ->WiFi and click on “Infrastructure mode”
- Now open your game and go into Nintendo WiFi settings and search for an access point and you should see “SOFT AP” as one, connect and test the connection to check if it worked.
- DeSmuME NDS Firmware settings aren’t saved and/or stored automatically, reset the game and/or emulator to store the Firmware settings and then load a Wi-Fi compatible game, go into Nintendo WiFi settings and search for an access point and you should see “SOFT AP” as one, connect and test the connection. This may need to be done each time you open and/or close the emulator.